I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services-Access to Recovery.

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Who is eligible to apply...

Eligibility for Access to Recovery (ATR) grants is limited to the immediate office of the Chief Executive (e.g., Governor) in the States, Territories, District of Columbia; or the head of a Tribal Organization. (A "Tribal Organization" means the recognized governing body of any Indian tribe or any legally established organization of Indians, including urban Indian health boards, inter-tribal councils, or regional Indian health boards, which is controlled, sanctioned, or chartered by such governing body or which is democratically elected by the adult members of the Indian community to be served by such an organization.) The Chief Executive of the State, Territory, or District of Columbia, or the head of the Tribal Organization must sign the application. Eligibility is limited to the immediate office of these Chief Executives because only they have the authority to leverage funding across the State, implement the necessary policy changes, manage the fiscal responsibilities, and coordinate the range of programs necessary for successful implementation of the voucher programs to be funded through these grants. No more than on application from any one Chief Executive or head of a Tribal Organization will be funded.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

The Chief Executive of the State, Territory, or District of Columbia, or the head of the Tribal Organization must sign the application.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.